Friday, July 8, 2011

Friends, Fairs and Travel days

We made it to Minnesota to see my friend, Sarah (in green).  So excited to see her!!!  We also got together with Lorri and Jill for a nice supper.  It was a wonderful time seeing my knitting friends that I mostly only chat with on Ravelry.  We didn't leave Roland out of the girls fun, but we did get him to take the pics for us!


Small fairs are fun!  This is the Winona County Fair in MN.  I loved the signs in front of all the animal barns.  Someone got cute and creative.





Fair food has its regional flair.  Here it was deep fried cheese curds that are a favorite. Funnel Cake outnumbers my favorite fried dough, too.  One vendor had Indian Fry Bread...turns out it is fried dough by a different name. 


Here is an idea to display photos - they framed chicken wire for their display.  Seems to work pretty well.


Water towers come in all different shapes and sizes.  Here in corn country...you guessed it...a corn water tower.


And who can go home without getting some wine and cheese from Wisconsin and Michigan. 



Lake Michigan looked cold to me, but Roland thought it was pretty pleasant.  No ice on it, like at Angel Lake, so I guess it is an improvement!



Cherries are just ripening in Michigan, but I couldn't find a farm that was selling them, only road side stands selling quarts for more than I wanted to pay for a quantity of them to bring home and freeze for pies.

Below is the bridge from Michigan's U.P.  - between Lakes Michigan and Huron. 

No comments:

Post a Comment